Sunday 26 October 2014

The British Museum with friends.

Following on from the blog post written over here. 

 On 2nd October we visited the British Museum.


My partners in crime were, Diane, Dawn, 'Mum' (Lorraine) Brenda and Rosie.







It was a lovely morning and I can't wait to get inside to explore, but first I had to do the obligatory poses outside!



Waving hello to all!


These steps are big....


...and rather daunting for a wee fellow.



But climb them I will....


...one step at a time.


Uh oh...I have been discovered....


....I get picked up, but fortunately Chris the security guard is a really friendly person.




Once he checked me out, (and took my blog and Facebook details!)  he said it was okay to go in and to enjoy ourselves.


I love this museum, there is so much history in here! This is a Granodiorite statue of  Amenhotep III, (1390 - 1350 BC) one of the greatest Pharaohs in the long history of Egypt.  



The foot is nearly as big as me!


Saying hello to the Lion of Amenhotep III which was later restored and reinscribed for Tutankhamun.



Loving the amazing carvings in this stone work.  


If you look carefully you can see a horse and soldiers.

Soon it was time to end our visit as people had to start making their way home..


We stop for a photo outside...


Not sure why our arms are up, but hey it seemed like a good idea at the time!


Great company, great friends, a good time and plenty of laughs.


Thank you for a fun couple of days!

3 comments:

  1. Hi everyone!!! I am waving back at you!!! A visit to the museum is a great time and I am happy Henry made it up the steps. He has many friends though to help him when needed. Seeing the Egyptian displays is very special indeed. Thank you for another great post! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love visiting places and this museum was so interesting. We just ran out of time! The security guard was very friendly and helpful to. Glad you enjoyed the post Ginger. Love Henry

      Delete
  2. Oh My Heavens - What an Awesome Museum Trip - Loved Henry on the steps and with the Security Guard too - HooT!!! What a Fabulous Trip - and I Love how Henry is looking so appreciatively at all the art - Holding that rope is Precious! ~ LuV, TiGGy

    ReplyDelete