Wednesday 6 February 2019

More Packing Preparations.

Having sorted out my beach wear and equipment yesterday, I turned my attention to footwear today.


I sorted out what I'm going to take:  I will definitely need my  Wellington Boots (Gumboots in NZ) as if it rains I will need them, my walking boots made especially for me by Jean Jensen back in 2012 I think it was and my red trainers which are my go to footwear.  I've already packed my sandals  into the beach bag.  

Only one pair of socks Henry?  Oh, you have a pair on and the other pair are currently in the wash.



Now what else shall I sort through?


Oh my laptop, now I might need this,

Don't forget Henry there is no internet access at Pop's house.  

Oh, you can use it if we go out to the knitting group can you?  That is probably a good idea, then you won't get bored if there is no one to play with.


Look at all my badges I have collected over the years.  They all represent places I have been.


The Olympics when they were held in London.  A Welsh Dragon when we went to Wales.  The Sailor when we have visited Ship Museums, and of course The Sailor himself who will be taking us round his boat in Auckland.  The Koala from when we went to Australia and of course a Kiwi.


Flags to represent other places we have been or live. Plus my Sheriffs badge from Tombstone, Arizona. 

I think I have some more badges somewhere that I haven't added to my bag yet.  I must see if I can find them.




8 comments:

  1. You really are getting organised Henry. Good badge collection too. Neither of your pairs of socks are black though - do you know the song 'black socks they never get dirty the longer you wear them the stronger they get'? (My girls sang that when they were small).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't think I have any black socks...well actually just remembered I do, but I prefer these ;) Although you do have a point! Ha ha.

      Delete
  2. Holly Belle will be accompanying us to the Sasha Festival this summer, and she is presently preoccupied with the same dilemma of what to take. Her current strategy is to "just take everything", although I have assured her that won't be happening! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is always difficult! I think I am getting better at choosing, but it is never easy especially if you want to 'cover all bases'.

      Delete
  3. I can’t get over how great Henry looks with his new head of hair. It is good to see him up and about and packing for a great trip to NZ. I love his badge collection. A great way to remember happy times. 😊 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He looks great doesn't he?! So nice to have him out and about again. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Loving your badge collection on your backpack/rucksack. I used to collect cloth badges of the places that I had visited and then sew them onto my navy Guernsey jumper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is fun collecting badges, although can be difficult getting them small enough - that is a challenge in itself.

      Delete