Saturday 9 February 2019

Packed and a New Travel Friend!

Time to start sorting through my other clothes to decide what to take with me...


Gosh, I've got quite the pile here, and this is just a fraction of my wardrobe.



So first things first, I will need some shorts and t shirts.


These are the ones I've chosen.The two pairs of shorts on the left are my two newest pairs that Mum made me in January.  The blue shorts with white t shirt are what Kendal bought me for my first trip to NZ back in 2012.


Hmmm, thing seems to be missing....oh I know!


My favourite Pukeko shirt will go with my new shorts too.


Something smart to wear 'just in case'...I wonder, do I need two shirts?  I'll pack two for now.



My raincoat of course.


Now, this is a difficult one...do I pack these in case I need to help Pop?  


Not sure if they will fit...it is all pretty well packed in here now.


The apron should fit...


Yup, I can get that in.  I wonder where the rest of my tools are though?!


Really don't think these are going to fit in though.  Perhaps I won't take them.  I've got plenty of other clothes.


All fits.


Oh, hello who are you?


Look I have a new travel companion.


I wonder what I shall call him.


He is a cute fellow.  I think I will call him Abel, after Abel Tasman the first explorer to find New Zealand.


There you can sit there for now with Troji.

Only 9 days left before we go.  I am SO much more organised than Mum is.  She hasn't done any packing or anything yet!  I think I'll have to help her.


15 comments:

  1. Have a good trip, Henry. The Gregoropolis boys will want to see and hear all about this year's NZ adventures! DJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be posting when we get back. Thank you for your good wishes.

      Delete
  2. Yes, Henry! Go help your Mum, she always appreciates your help. and have a great trip and an excellent visit. Norvell

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a very organized packer, Henry. Hope you and your Mum have a nice visit and enjoy the warm weather and sunshine.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am sure we will have a lovely time indeed, and definitely looking forward to brighter and warmer weather.

      Delete
  4. Well done for getting packed so soon Henry, maybe you will need to help your mum with her packing. I like your new travelling companion, he is small enough for you to carry which is good. I hope you have a wonderful time in NZ. Don't forget your camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't forget my camera, it was one of the first things I sorted, and is now in my back pack :) Thank you, I better help Mum now she is soooo disorganised!

      Delete
  5. Have a great time in New Zealand, Henry! I hope to hear all about it and see lots of pictures when you get home. Your new traveling companion is awesome! Safe travels to you all. Your friend, Harry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Harry, I'll be sure to post pictures when I get home. If you can get your Mum to email my Mum your address, I might even manage to send you a post card - I try to send some each time I go.

      Your friend, Henry.

      Delete
  6. I hate to point out this embarrassing fact, Henry, but you seem not to have packed any underwear, or as my sailor Dad used to call them: skivvies! I'd hate to see you have to "go commando" till Mom could get to the store to buy you more....you might get "chaffing!" just trying to be helpful! I love your new friend. Wouldn't it be fun to have a front carrier for him like Mom has for you?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, he actually did pack some underwear, but was too embarrassed to photograph it, although you can see them in the fourth photo - he has packed two pairs - a brown pair and a black pair and is wearing a pair - with the surmise, one on, one in the wash, and one spare ;)

      He thinks a carrier though is a fantastic idea and wants me to get started on one RIGHT AWAY! Thanks for that Marti!

      Delete
    2. oh, dear, now I've gone and done it....more work for Mom! I can't wait to see how it works out. glad to hear you really did pack some underwear and I can't blame you for not showing them front and center, now that I give it some thought!

      Delete
  7. If you still need to eliminate a couple of items then I'd take out the white DD T shirt and navy shorts as they look a bit boring now compared to the rest of your wardrobe...but at least they have had their use when needed.
    Have a truly wonderful holiday with your new travel companions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I won't need to eliminate anything. I don't think that set is boring, they are special to me. I wore them on my first trip to NZ and they were a gift from you :)

      Thank you, it will be nice seeing Nan and Pop again.

      Delete