Saturday 4 May 2019

A Tour of the Majestic Princess

I am home from our time in New Zealand...the trip didn't turn out quite as planned, but I still managed to have fun for the first month we were there.  The first big excitement was getting shown round the humongous ship 'Majestic Princess' that the Sailor works on as a navigator. 


It was most impressive and I was excited to get to pose in front of it.


Up on deck I tried out the sun loungers...yup, this could be the life.


From here I could look out and see Rangitoto in the distance...


It was such an amazing day.  Warm and sunny.  I should have had my shorts on!




Inside the ship were these fun topiary figures.

It was quite opulent inside.  We saw the various dining rooms, ball rooms and lounges and also the picture theatres, but I was so busy looking at it all I forgot to take photos!


The Sailor had two portholes in his cabin, and I took a look out.


Up on the bridge I got to look at where the Sailor works.


I tried my hand at steering the boat.


Or at least I pretended to, as it had to stay in port for the next lot of passengers who were boarding for their cruise.



I had a look at the various display dials, charts and maps.


This is how you do it.


We had lunch on board and got to savour some of the treats the passengers enjoy, although we actually ate in the Officers Mess.  Before long though it was time to leave as the Sailor had to get back to work.  It was great to get to experience what his job entails and also to have a look around this huge ship.  


8 comments:

  1. Welcome home, Henry. You look very comfortable in that deck chair, and very professional at the helm. Perhaps the seafaring life is for you?
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think though I will leave the seafaring life to the sailors of the family.

      Delete
  2. wow, you're home again! Long vacation for you! The ship looks fantastic and you are a natural!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have been away a long time! It was fun on the ship.

      Delete
  3. So pleased you had fun on the cruise ship Henry, and that you are safely back home with the others now. I have been thinking about you this weekend as we wish you could have joined us at the SCW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish we could have joined you as well at the SCW, but it wasn't to be unfortunately. Looks like everyone has been having a lot of fun.

      Delete
  4. Dorothy In PA5 May 2019 at 03:52

    Dear Captain Henry, I am so glad you are back! I have missed your stories. It sounds like you had a great vacation. Cruise travel is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy. Unfortunately we didn't actually go on a cruise, we were just given a tour of the ship by the Sailor (Mum's son) :) But I am sure it would have been great fun if we had! Perhaps one day.

      Delete